Working from Home Toolkit
Working from Home: Many of us are spending too much time at home in front of our electronic devices. This creates stress and fatigue. We all need to find better ways to create a healthy balance. Here are some ideas!
- Drink water – you must be well hydrated to release the electromagnetic energy you are absorbing. I drink water the entire time I am in front of my laptop.
- Take frequent breaks – at least once an hour
- Take a walk outside at least once a day – nature will help you discharge the energy and the exercise will help boost your immune system. Hug a tree!
- Shower Scrubs – equal parts sea salt and baking soda every day. Baking soda will clear your energy field.
- Music – clear your space with drumming, crystal bowls and chanting
- Crystals – smokey quartz, double terminated and spheres all discharge energy.
Change is difficult even in during best of times. We are all dealing with lots of change under less than ideal circumstances. Things you can do to help on the emotional level include:
- Laugh – watch a funny movie and find things that make you laugh. Laughter is great for discharging energy. I have five cats, so I watch them when they play. So silly.
- Connection – it’s very important to stay connected with your “tribe”. I get on a video chat session with my parents in Kentucky at least once a week.
- Feelings – keep a journal or set up a community bowl for the household. Write down your feelings and thoughts on a piece paper and drop it in the bowl. The feelings you are having around this experience… sad, mad, frustrated, irritable, etc… will follow the paper.
Things you can do to help on the mental level. Examine your beliefs and thoughts around the situation.
- Are you thinking that other people and our leaders are bad or incompetent? Consider the possibility that everyone is doing their best.
- Metta (loving-kindness)
- Say the following five sentences: “May I be at peace”, “May my heart remain open”, “May I awaken to my own true nature”, “May I be healed”, “May I be a source of healing for others”
- Say the above five sentences again, but this time substitute your loved one’s names in place of “I”
- Do another repetition for the person(s) and/or entity(s) that are upsetting you
- A final repetition for your community and the world
- Metta (loving-kindness)
- Just because others are doing it, does it mean you have to do it too? Be practical.
- This is what I am telling my clients. If they are not interested in a virtual session, that is absolutely fine. Each person needs to make their own best decision. Other people are depending on us to keep them and ourselves safe.
- Just because you have cabin fever, does it mean you have to act on it? Make good choices.
- I had a serious conversation this week with my eighty-year-old parents about going to the grocery when my brothers are willing and able to go for them.
Things you can do on a spiritual level. What is the meaning of all of this?
There are all kinds of theories around spirituality. What is most important is what you believe. Here are some ways to boost your spiritual energy:
- Cultivate opportunities to sit quietly. Meditate.
- Burn incense while you are relaxed – smells are very powerful. They activate associations. The smell of incense will come to trigger feelings of quiet and relaxation.
- Be present – when you find yourself feeling anxious or depressed this is an indication that your energy is tied up in worries about the future or ruminations over the past.
- Find inspirational people, quotes, photos, etc…..
My wish is that you find this helpful.
Big Hugs and Much Love,